



Poor little Livie. Two Saturdays ago she crawled over to me and I picked her up. I noticed that she was hot, real hot. Took her tempature and it was 102.5 Gave her motrin, watched her and the next morning it was back up but a smidge higher. Watched her all day, she seemed just fine, other than the HIGH temp. Monday morning I took her in explaining that I could not get her fever down past 102.5 with motrin and tylenol..She seemed fine, her left ear was infected, but I know that ear infections don't come with that high of a fever. Took her home, got her medicine and that night her temp hit a 104.2 I called the on-call Doc and she assured me that she would be ok, and to just watch her. I thought ok, I will give her, her antibotics a full 24 hours....Tues, Weds, Thursday came still a low-grade fever. Mid-morning Friday I got Liv out of her crib and she was covered in a lacy rash. Took her back into the doctors to find out that she had Roseola. This viral infection can't be diagnosed until the HIGH fever breaks. Since it's all viral can't do anything for her, but keep her comfortable with Motrin and Tylenol. Monday morning 9/15, I hear Addy yelling from Olivia's room...."Mom, come here. Livie's face and body is WWWWAAAAYYYY bad her Roseola is out of control today...When I turned the corner I was very surprised that she was worse....Needless to say we went back to the Doctors....and Livie just has a really bad case of.....ROSEOLA. Some babies rash last for hours, Olivia's obviously is lasting more like days....So moms out there that are reading this, if you baby ever gets anything like this you know what it is and that the worst part is the high fever...As far as the rash, you just feel so bad for them....

No comments:
Post a Comment